Yes, you can make eCheck payments for your rent using your StoreCash account number and routing number. Here’s how to find your account information :
- Select “Account Info” from the menu.
- You can copy your “Account Number” and “Routing Number” information easily by clicking on the icon next to it.
# PAYING RENT ONLINE
On your rental payment website, typically you’ll get a few different methods to pay such as :
- Debit or Credit card
Pro Tip :
Choose eCheck wherever possible because many rental companies charge huge fees for payments made through cards.
eCheck is basically an electronic payment made directly from your bank account. To pay via eCheck, you’ll need to provide your StoreCash “Account Number” and “Routing Number”.
Your StoreCash bank account is a “Checking Account”. So be sure to select that option.
# WATCH OUT FOR SCAMS
- Your account number and routing number are sensitive information, so make sure that you only give that information out to trusted people, services or websites.
- Before you pay your rent online, check to see if the website URL starts with a “https://“ and has a lock symbol on the left. If it’s missing, try to look up that website on Google to gauge if it’s legitimate. You can also ask your rental property manager for the link directly.
# COMMON MISTAKES TO AVOID
There are a few important things to note such as:
- Sometimes your StoreCash account balance doesn’t get reflected immediately. So it’s possible that after you finish paying rent, that transfer might still be processing in the background and the money has not yet been deducted from your account. To be sure we recommend you to not spend the money in your account before the transfer is completed.
- Make sure you have sufficient balance in your StoreCash account to pay your full rent because if you don’t the transaction will get declined and the rental company might charge you a fee.
- As best practice, give yourself a few days before the deadline to make sure the transaction goes through properly and you don’t end up paying any late fees.