For your security we recommend you to first freeze your card to ensure no further fraudulent transactions take place until your issue is investigated.
To freeze your card follow these steps :
- Select “Manage Cards” from the menu.
- Select “Physical StoreCash Debit Card” from the list of options.
- Select the “Deactivate Card” button and enter the 4-digit passcode to confirm it if you don’t have Face ID or fingerprint enabled on your account.
Next you should contact the merchant by making a quick call or chat with their customer service. This will in most cases help resolve the issue and you might even receive an instant refund from the merchant.
If you’re still not able to resolve this issue, then contact us. We’ll help you file a transaction dispute, which is a formal case filed with the bank claiming that you are eligible to receive a refund for the fraudulent transaction.
There are a few important things to know about filing a transaction dispute :
# EVIDENCE IS REQUIRED
To make a strong case to the bank, we’ll need proof that you were wrongfully charged. Photos of receipts, shipping confirmations, transcripts of the chat from the merchant’s customer service, etc. It’s very difficult to win a transaction dispute without any proof.
# BANK DECIDES ULTIMATELY
We can help you file a claim, but it’s ultimately the merchant’s bank that decides the final outcome of the case. They will review the evidence that you submit, and also any counter evidence that the merchant submits before coming to a final decision. StoreCash will have no say in the final decision of the claim.
# 120 DAYS TO REACH DECISION
Be aware that the dispute claim is a long process that can span over several months before a decision is made. And it’s important to know that there are chances that the case will not be ruled in your favor. The quickest and easiest way to resolve a dispute is to contact the merchant directly.
# STEPS TO FILE A TRANSACTION DISPUTE
- Contact our support team to file a claim. Be prepared to submit strong evidence and provide any additional information like the name of the merchant/store where you were charged, date of charge, charge amount, etc.
- Our team will then build a case and file it with the merchant bank on your behalf. We will let you know the decision once we hear back from the bank, which could take up to 120 days.