We got you covered in terms of keeping your money safe, however it’s important to also look out for scams and phishing attempts that can threaten your account security.
With the rise of technology and social media, scammers are on the rise and are getting more sophisticated. Fortunately there are some best practices to help you spot scammers right away:
# ONLY COMMUNICATE WITH STORECASH USING VERIFIED CHANNELS
You can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, leave us your feedback via the app under the menu option “Send App Feedback”, or fill out the contact us form on our website at www.storecashapp.com
# NEVER SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFO OR LOGIN 4-DIGIT PASSCODE WITH ANYONE
We will never ask you to reveal your login 4-digit passcode, your full StoreCash Debit Card number, or any bank account information. We will also never ask you to send us money in exchange for any services we provide.
# RED FLAGS - HOW TO SPOT A SCAM
- Anyone texting or DMing you on social media (not from our account) claiming to be a member of the StoreCash team or an ambassador is likely a scammer.
- Promises of “Free money” or ways to “flip” your money.
- Anything that seems too good to be true!
# REPORTING SCAMS
If a scammer contacts you :
- Do not reply.
- Block and report them immediately.
- Reject any payment requests.
- I think I’ve been scammed. What should I do?
- Does StoreCash give out free money?
- StoreCash might occasionally give out reward money for various promotions. However, you will be notified only via StoreCash App. We will never DM you to let you know you’ve won, or ask you to text/email us in order to claim your cash reward.
- Someone online requested me make a payment using StoreCash. What should I do?
- We do not recommend sending funds to anyone you don’t know and trust personally. Scammers often ask for payments for common things like shoes, sold out electronics, pets, etc.